Wednesday, May 2, 2012

* The Vow*

Bismillah.

There are times in life where we keep vowing to ourselves that we will change to be better only after we reach certain phase of our lives. Some hearts might whisper:

"I'll wear hijab once I've performed my hajj..."


"I'll stop doing this bad habit after I am married..."


"I'll become a good muslimah after I become a wife..."


"I'll do taubah when I reach 40..."

and the list goes on...

Those are good intentions carved in heart, but, sometimes when we already reached the phase that "we've been waiting" for to do the change, we notice that we are still the same person as before, perhaps, worse! Unfortunately there are also people who don't even reach the 'target' because Allah invited them to move to another world before they could prove that they can be better or able leave their sins behind.

So, maybe it's important for us to keep have it in my mind, that the best time to change to be better (or to repent) is NOW.

Before it's too late.


No comments: