Monday, November 21, 2011

* Oceans of Wisdom Part 1*

Bismillah.

Here comes the feeling of wanting to write something regarding a part of my beloved IIUM. The most important part, i guess. I was recalling back the names of my lecturers and suddenly thinking of writing something about them. I am going to write brief descriptions, and their words which I remember most (not the syllabus).

Let me start with Malay lecturers:

1. Madam Shafizan Mohamed (Intro to Mass Communication)

She's young and stunning and funny. I remember she said:

It doesn't make sense if you already forgot what you have learnt in your form 5 History subject. You left school only a few years ago! But it is tolerable if I forgot, since I have left school a hundred years ago. 


2. Dr. Nadzirah Mohamad (Sciences of alQuran, Study of alQuran, Methodology of Exegete)

If you watch Tanyalah Ustazah, you might know her. I remember she said:

I am very excited to teach you about tafsir. I just have too much things to share with you (about the wonderful verses in alQuran) but the time constraint stops me from doing so. I wish you know what I know. 


&


It has been quite some time I wanna tell you this, I see that the muslimat really love talking. (Haha, remember this entry?)

3. Madam Khalifah Sufiah (Bahasa Melayu Lanjutan)

She's very cute! I remember she said:

Is the pendingin hawa functioning? Penghawa dingin is wrong..

4. Dr. Ammar Fadzil (Analytical Exegesis)

Ustaz Fadzil's son. He wrote a book (maybe books) but I forgot what the title is. Something regarding alQuran, in English if I am not mistaken. I remember he said:

Do and (then) see. Not see and do. 

5. Dr. Ismail Mohamad (Islamic Ethics)

Em, what can I say... He's very gentle and never once I saw him putting an angry (or upset) expression during lectures. I remember he said:


I can't recall any words. 


6. Dr. Marzuki Mohamad (Introduction to Political Science)

Ex iium and ANU student. I doubt if he is still in IIUM. I think he's a political analyst now. Oh wait, he is a special officer to Deputy Prime Minister. (Just read it in his FB). He makes me fall in love with political issues, especially because I took this subject during the election 2008. Theories being put into reality, just awesome! I remember he said:

In politic, 2+2 = 2 for you, 2 for me. 


7. Ustazah Nik Hanan (Quranic and Prophetic Texts)

She's from Kelantan. If I am not mistaken, all of her family members are teachers. I remember she said:

The grammatical usage in alQuran is somehow a bit different from ordinary words. 

8. Dr. Abdul Bari Awang (Introduction to Usul Fiqh)

He's funny but his marking is a bit strict. (Okay I didn't get perfect grade for this subject. huhu). He delivers his lectures in a very interesting method, especially with the various examples that he chose. (Examples on fiqh-related issues). I remember he said:

A real estate agent saw our names (and his wife's) with 'Doctor' in it. He thought that we are medical doctors so he showed us a luxurious home, since he guessed we are rich. 

9. Ustaz Mohd Feham Mohd Ghalib (Arabic for Islamic Studies)

He loves to smile. He's a Malay but as far as I can remember, he never spoke in Malay, unlike other Malay lecturers. I remember he said:

I can't recall any words. 


10. Madam Asiah Jusoh (Creative Thinking & Problem Solving)

She's lovely. Her children are all boys and last year (if I am not mistaken) she got a twin! One of her sons is a pro at drawing. I saw his art works and MashaAllah! Super duper great. I remember she said:

We have to follow exactly what the Prophet sollallahu 'alaihi wasallam taught us. 

11. Datin Wan Khuzaimah (Bahasa Melayu Kerjaya)

Very motherly. Her handphone is cute because it got a fluffy key chain there. :D I remembered she said:

Anak-anak... (That's all I can recall. huhu)

12. Ustazah Sofiyyah Shamsuddin (Legislative Verses)

She used to be the head department of AlQuran and AsSunnah studies. A very busy woman and she got a miscarriage once. I remember she said:

This assignment is meant to be hard for you because if it's easy, you won't learn anything. Please remember that people will ask you questions (regarding hukum) and they don't care whether it (the question) is included in your degree syllabus or not. 


13. Madam Aisah (Introduction to Sociology)

My favourite! This is the only Human Science subject which I managed to get solid A. And the reason is this enthusiastic lecturer. :) She is also the reason why I had the intention to do minor in Sociology. (And it remains as intention). I remember she said:

1st here
2nd here
3rd here
4th here

14. Madam Norbani (Revelation as Source of Knowledge)

Oh, my favourite too! Her enthusiasm is really obvious when she's teaching. I remember she said:

When you are in European country, it's very hard for you to explain about Islam because many people there don't believe in God (Atheists), unlike USA. Once I was asked about the reason I am wearing a hijab. I don't think it's enough if I say, "I do it because it's a command from my God", hey, they don't even believe in God's existence! Hijabis really have to be strong in order to survive there. 

15. Ustaz Abdullah Bukhari (Advanced Tilawah 1 & 2)

He got kidney problem. And I heard he already undergo a kidney transplant. I remember many things he said. One of them:

After finishing the Quran talaqqi, then only I realized that my recitation before this is really full with mistakes. When I was young, I did recorded my recitations in a cassette. Now when I listen to it, I am ashamed and said to myself, " This is curry, not Qari!"

16. Ustaz Ramli (Tahfiz)

He's very sporting. Students always came to class late and he is okay with that. =p I remembered he said:

I think it's better if I came late to class since I have to wait for a long time before beginning the tasmi' session, hence doing nothing. Most of you are afraid to come and read the verses in front of me. (This class is mostly for tasmi')

to be continued... (non-Malay lecturers)

~May Allah bless them~


1 comment:

FadBaha said...

sociology part only..:p