Sunday, May 15, 2011

* Greater than a Mother's Love *

(Quick update since now it's a bit hard for me to sit for a long period of time in front of laptop.)

Bismillah.

A list of beautiful things I discovered from my pregnancy:

1. A part of my husband is in me and its growth is sealed with so much love.

2. Pregnancy makes me appreciate my mom even more since I am now experiencing the pain and hardships that she shouldered while carrying me in her tummy.

3. The movements of my baby can make me smile and laugh.

4. I can already feel the bonds of love between me and baby even before I see her.

5. Having a baby gives me motivation to become a better person.

6. Pregnancy makes me realize the limitless love of Allah to His servants. How? Because His love is way greater than a mother’s love. As stated in a hadith:

Narrated 'Umar bin Al-Khattab: Some Sabi (i.e. war prisoners, children and woman only) were brought before the Prophet and behold, a woman amongst them was milking her breasts to feed and whenever she found a child amongst the captives, she took it over her chest and nursed it (she had lost her child but later she found him) the Prophet said to us, "Do you think that this lady can throw her son in the fire?" We replied, "No, if she has the power not to throw it (in the fire)." The Prophet then said, Allah is more merciful to His slaves than this lady to her son. (Sahih Bukhari.)



Yes, anyone can love you, but Allah loves you most.



No comments: