Sunday, December 5, 2010

* When Sins Are Dominating... *

"The number of Americans that make suicide attempts is greater than the number of those who die as a result of the five most deadly diseases combined." Dr. Dale Carnagie

So this is the first thing emerges on that arabic nasheed (free from music) video clip. Each word arranged in the lyrics is beautifully chosen (especially the Arabic version) so that they can enter very smoothly into our hearts and gradually slip into the minds hence the thinking, which revolves around our own selves and all the deeds done throughout the years of breathing.

Indeed people keep seeing their lives are getting narrow day by day for they feel that they are shouldering plenty of burdens. It’s even sadder when they can’t figure out the way to ward off from these encumbrances. Truthfully speaking, these burdens are actually the aftermaths of sins committed.

Again, another popping out thing in that video is explaining precisely what I am trying to say just now:

There is no doubt that people turn to suicide due to the anxiety that they face…

One of the main reasons for anxiety (explained by Islam) is because of the sins that one may commit; as one scholar said:

“Sins produce (more) sins until they dominate a person and he cannot escape from them…”

Well, I'll leave you for a while to indulge yourselves with these translated lyrics. Hopefully it can at least make you wander to your pass and recall what you’ve done and make a carving in your pretty little heart that you will never repeat the same sin and will always strive to be a good servant to your only Lord. Oh, and the same goes to me.

He asks about me (while I am unaware): “What is bothering you today?”

He expects me to give an answer. Indeed, nothing is wrong with me- except that a wound is cutting deep through my heart.

Your question has awakened my veiled heart. It (my heart) was tormented in my sleeplessness.

My concealed sins kept me away from sleep. And (my concealed sins) intensified the cracks of my heart.

While the Lord of the Throne is immersing me with His forgiveness, His caller is calling to the good outcome…

“O disobedient slaves of Allah, go and repent!”

But I keep insisting on my stubbornness!

Into the frightening darkness of the grave, where you will be forgotten by your most loved one.

(And) if you leave this world falling short in taqwa, then you indeed will be lacking in your supply (when you meet Allah)


Fill our days with istighfar for we are not warned about the exact time and date of our death. However Allah keeps reminding us that death IS coming and surely it does.


Say: "O my Servants who have transgressed against their souls! Despair not of the Mercy of God: for God forgives all sins: for He is Oft-Forgiving, Most Merciful. [Az Zumar: 53]


No comments: